How to properly maintain your T-shirts.
With proper care, your T-shirts should last well over a year, but more often than not, this is not the case. Most people complain that their t-shirts only last a few washes before losing their luster, firmness, and shape.
Here are a few tips that can help prolong the life of your T-shirt:
- Protect the neck: If you take a look at some of the T-shirts you have had for a while, a common feature they are all most likely to share is that the necks are stretched out of shape. Most of the time, this is caused by how you take them off (pulling them over your head by the neck). Instead, you should grab the T-shirt by the hem, then pull it over the head because there’s no coming back from a stretched out neck.
- Wash inside out: Washing your colorful tees inside out helps retain the color and brightness. Make sure that if you are going to sun dry it, you do it this way as well.
- Read the care instructions: So, you know that tag that is usually on clothes, that tells you how to care for them? If you have never exactly paid it any mind, now would be a great time to start. Especially for the ones that say things like “dry clean only” or “do not iron dry”.
- Line dry and Fold: Drying your clothes on a line instead of in a dryer helps preserve your clothes for longer especially for clothes that can’t stand heat like synthetics. Also, hanging your Tees can do terrible things to the neck and shape of the Tee so it is a lot safer to roll or fold.
- Do not wash too often: Washing your clothes too regularly can weaken the fabric over time and cause it to lose shape and firmness. If you want your clothes to last longer, you should reduce how often you launder them.
We hope that these tips help. Have an amazing weekend ahead.